Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's missing from this season of Glee?

Glee has been one of my favorite shows since I started watching season one, episode two of the hit Fox show.  I loved season one because of the song choices, the relationships, and Sue's remarks about Mr. Shu's hair.  While watching the episode on 2/16 though, I found a few things that were bothering me about the new season. 

First, I understand Rachel is trying to make a come back to the diva and star she was at McKinnley last year, but I feel this act is too forced and I don't like the character as much.  I think the old Rachel would have gotten back to her old self by captivating everyone with some great Broadway number.  I never would have guessed she would try to return by paying Brittany to get people to dress like her and think she is fashion savvy. 

Second, Kurt wasn't even in last nights episode and when he is one screen, I feel like he is not on as much as he used to be.  I love his storyline with Blaine but I would love to see more duets between these too, or even a solo from Kurt like season one. In my opinion, MHS needs their "divo" back. 

Third, I'm having a really hard time trying to accept Finn and Quinn as back on again.  I loved Quinn with Sam, not just because I think Sam is the cutest thing ever, but because I feel like they have more chemistry than Q & F.  Sam took the time to get to know Quinn when he arrived at MHS and I think they really grew into a strong couple.  Finn, on the other hand, has done a complete 180 of personality from season one.  I think since they won the big game he thinks he's a gift to the Earth, which is not the guy I would pick for Quinn to be with at the moment.  If Quinn and Finn were the same innocent characters from before the drama of her pregnancy with Puck, I feel like I could like this couple.  I just think they have grown into different people and the coupling of them is not appealing to watch. 

Something I have enjoyed this season though is the music!  I loved Sam's cover of "Baby" and "Teenage Dream" was amazing!  I can only hope they keep doing awesome covers to save me from the depression of breaking up Sam and Quinn and the absence of Kurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment