Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bring Back My Favs!

Everyone has that show or shows they wish were never canceled.  That show that you could just NEVER miss and when it ended you may have shed a tear or two. Since I was snowed in this morning, I watched one my all time favorites, The Hills.  Being the TV-addict that I am, The Hills is not the only show that I miss dearly.  Take a look at my fav shows that I wish would have NEVER ended.

The Hills

Before the drama that Heidi and Spencer brought to everyones lives, cameras followed these four girls around LA, filming them at work, on dates, at the club and at home.  Lauren Conrad (LC) moved to LA after two seasons on MTV's Laguna Beach to fulfill her dream of being a fashion designer.  The reason I still love this show is not only because I love Brody Jenner (<3), but also because of what the show started out as.  The Hills showed young girls trying to make it on their own in a big city where they knew nobody.  I'm not going to lie, I think every girl or guy dreams of moving to the city away from everything they are comfortable with.  I also love Lauren because of how genuine of a person she is and in my opinion, the reason the show ended so soon after her departure was because that "realness" was gone.  I have nothing against KCav, she was actually my favorite on Laguna Beach, but she brought a different element to the show that I think it already had, drama. 

Laguna Beach
Seasons 1 and 2




















The original love of my life, Laguna Beach was one of my favorite shows ever.  I think the show was so appealing because these kids were in high school, living lives that kids in high school everywhere else in America could only dream of.  It also had the typical formula for drama with a love triangle, best friends, parties, and the beach.  I remember the topics of conversation being Team Kristin or Team LC when it came to the love triangle involving resident hottie Stephen.  Season 1 focused on the love triangle of Kristin, LC, and Stephen while season 2 focused on Krisitn living up her senior year after breaking up with Stephen.  The show was basically a real life soap opera and it's appeal was the fact that it was called reality, making teens everywhere think living this kind of life was possible.

By the way, I know there was a Laguna Beach season 3, but with all of the originals gone, it was nothing compared to seasons 1 and 2.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I have to admit I did not watch Buffy until it was assigned in my Popular Texts class.  After watching season1 though, Buffy became an obsession of mine.  To me, it is the original vampire love story.  It has drama, romance, comedy and a girl as a hero.  It's addicting because of the on again, off again romances of Buffy with vampires and her ability to keep saving the world with the help of her friends.  The comedy factor of Spike and Xander is genius. The romance of Buffy and Angel and Buffy and Spike is as addicting as current day Edward and Bella.  Watch the video to experience the epicness of Buffy and Angel's romance.

 

What do you think of my list?  Leave comments below and include YOUR favs!

1 comment:

  1. RIP Buffy

    I hate when they end on a cliff hanger. I loved Carnivale. It drove me crazy when they never finished the storyline. This year, I'm watching the American re-boot of Being Human, a BBC show about a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost sharing an apartment. The BBC version got canceled on a huge cliff hanger. Now I have to watch an American version with the same plots (and a weaker cast) for two seasons to find out what happened.

    Dr C

    ReplyDelete