Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oops, Did She do it Again?

If you haven't noticed a certain princess of pop is trying to keep her crown. With competition such as Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, a girl has got to do something right?

Britney Spears released her new video this week for her single "Hold it Against Me."  I didn't know what to expect at first and I am still kind of confused, but I will say Britney looks awesome!  There were rumors flying around this video that a fill-in was used for the dance sequences because spears couldn't keep.  I have to say, I don't believe it.  The dancing being done in the video looks to be 100% Britney Spears.

Now to the message of the video.  When I went to watch the video, I thought I would see some music video shot in a club with Spears and a smoking hot guy and maybe a few dance moves.  What I did not expect to see was Spears seeming to fight herself (watch the video to see what I mean) and the opinions of everyone else.  Throughout the video as well, there are a few shots from old music videos of hers shown in little flashes.  Thinking this through with Spears fighting herself, I think we are getting the message that Spears is moving on from the drama filled, rehab visiting, head shaving persona that we knew four years ago, back to the strong pop artist that we fell in love with when she was singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time." 

Half way through the video I thought to myself, what in the world is going on.  But after watching the entire video and thinking through the little hints thrown at the viewer, I think Spears is asking us not to hold her antics from the past against her.  Even when she shaved her head I was a fan, why wouldn't I be now?

The video is awesome.  Probably one of my favorites.  Check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment